Lee M. Jacobson
Jacobson Dispute Resolution APC
1690 W. Shaw Avenue
93711 United States
Areas of Practice:
Accident / Personal Injury, Arbitration, Civil, Commercial, Construction, Defamation, Employment, Insurance Bad Faith, Insurance Claims, Landlord/Tenant, Products Liability, Professional Malpractice, Real Estate, Rights of Way, Boundaries and Adverse Possession
Litigation attorney 1980-2000
Full time mediator/arbitrator 2000-present
Mediated/arbitrated over 3750 cases<
States Practiced In:
- Service as Judge Pro Tem – Fresno County Courts hearing mandatory settlement conferences for Fifteen years.
- Approved mediator – Fresno County Courts Early Mediation Pilot Program, Tulare County Superior Court, Madera County Superior Court, Merced County Superior Court, Kings County Superior Court, Kern County Superior Court and Stanislaus County Superior Court.
- Served as mediator or settlement conference judge over 3,750 times.
- Completed 25-hour course in mediation training presented by the Dispute Settlement Center of Central California and the San Joaquin College of Law, June 2000.
- Attendee–Pepperdine University Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution- Advanced Mediation- June 2005.
- Attendee–Pepperdine University Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution-Specialized Mediation-October 2007
- Attendee–Pepperdine University Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution; Advanced Mediation Skills and Techniques- October 2009–
- Attendee–Pepperdine University Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution; Mediation in the Red Zone- October 2010, October 2011
- Attendee–Pepperdine University Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution; Mediator Boot Camp- June 2013
- Conference Chair: International Academy of Mediators Spring 2015 Conference San Francisco, CA
- Presenter: International Academy of Mediators/Arbitrators and Mediators Institute of New Zealand Joint Conference – March 2016 “First Demands and First Offers… Striving for a Solid Start”
- Presenter:American Bar Associations Dispute Resolution Section Conference New York City – April 2016 “First Demands and First Offers… Striving for a Solid Start”
- Presenter: Southern California Mediators Association – November 2016 “The Diplomacy of Communicating First Numbers in the Commercial Dispute: Options, Tools and Strategies Essential to Effective Mediation”
- Presenter: International Academy of Mediators Fall 2016 Conference Vancouver, BC PEPP Talk– The Rhythm of Mediation — The Mediation Process as Told Through Classic Rock Lyrics
- Have been selected by counsel to serve as binding arbitrator approximately 100 times since January 2000 in cases involving personal injury, uninsured motorist, under-insured motorist, and real estate.
- University of California, Davis 1973-77 B.A. Political Science and Mass
- University of California at Davis (BA) with honors, 1977;
- University of Santa Clara (JD) 1980, Associate Editor, Santa Clara Law Review, 1979-1980
Memberships & Affiliations:
- Member: Distinguished Fellow, President-Elect-International Academy of Mediators
- Member: National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals
- Member: California Academy of Distinguished Neutrals
- Member: State Bar of California
Mediation—Half Day Fresno $2500.00
—Full Day Fresno $4500.00
—-Half Day Bakersfield $3250.00
—-Full Day Bakersfield $5500.00
Keywords: Mediation, Arbitration, Med-Arb, Early Neutral Evaluation, Mediation Training/CLE, Referee