IAM ADR Forms Library User Agreement
Welcome to the User Agreement page for the IAM ADR Forms Library. To gain access to the library, please read the user agreement below and click on the “acknowledgement” button, and sign in with your IAM username and password. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
I am a member in good standing in the International Academy of Mediators (“IAM”) and am referred to hereinafter as “User”. I agree to the following terms as required by the IAM:
- GRANT OF LICENSE
- The IAM has licensed from various authors the forms maintained in the IAM ADR Forms Library (“the Authored Work”).
- The IAM grants the User a non-exclusive, royalty-free license to use the Authored Work. This license provides the limited right to use, modify, reproduce, incorporate, publicly display and distribute the Authored Work for use in connection with User’s alternative dispute resolution practice as they see fit without any prior approval from the IAM.
- The IAM retains all rights of title and ownership in the Authored Work, as licensed by the author.
- If the User fails to abide by the obligations of this Agreement, the IAM shall have the option to cancel this Agreement by providing 30 days’ written notice to the User and barring the User from additional access to the Forms Library.
- The User shall have the option of preventing the termination of this Agreement by taking corrective action that cures the default or misuse if there are no other defaults or misuses.
The IAM makes no promise or warranty with respect to the use, reproduction, modification, incorporation, public display, distribution, sale, or other transfer of the Authored Work by User or by any third-party, and User accepts the product “AS IS.” In no event will the IAM be responsible for direct, indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages that are in any way related to the use of the Authored Work.
- This Agreement shall be binding on any successors of the Parties.
- User shall not have the right to assign its interests in this Agreement to any other Party, absent prior written consent of the IAM.
- This Agreement may be terminated by the IAM upon 30 days’ written notice.
- This Agreement contains the entire Agreement between the parties regarding the subject matter of this Agreement, and there are no other promises or conditions in any other Agreement, whether oral or written.
- If any provisions of this Agreement shall be held to be invalid or unenforceable for any reason, the remaining provisions shall continue to be valid and enforceable. If any provision of this Agreement shall be held to be invalid or unenforceable, but that by limiting such provision it would become valid and enforceable, then such provision shall be deemed to be written, construed, and enforced as so limited.
- This Agreement may be modified or amended at the discretion of the IAM upon 30 days’ notice to the members and Users.
- This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of California.
- In the event of any dispute connected to the IAM ADR Forms Library, such dispute will be resolved through binding and enforceable arbitration in accordance with the Commercial Rules of the American Arbitration Association; the venue for the arbitration will be the state in which the Executive Director of the IAM is located. However, parties may submit the dispute to voluntary, facilitative mediation first.